J-J Hooks Barrier
J-J Hooks: No Better Barrier System for Traffic and Crowd Control
J-J Hooks are used for the following applications:
- Road Construction – Protect workers and vehicle passengers
- Traffic Safety – Create safety zones within potentially dangerous traffic patterns or damaged infrastructure
- Event Security and Crowd Control – Control vehicular and pedestrian traffic for major events, conferences, and concerts
- Property Security – Provide protection for utility plants, manufacturing facilities, office buildings, government installations, and other areas such as foundations, propane tanks, etc.
The J-Hook Connection
The J-J Hooks connection consists of two identical steel J-shaped hooks, which are cast into the barrier, creating a continuous steel connection. With identical end connections there is no need to worry about turning the barrier when installing. To attach the barrier ends, one barrier is lowered vertically next to an adjacent barrier. With minimal guidance, the self-aligning connection automatically “hooks” into place. Workers don’t need to endanger their hands by inserting them between barriers to makes connection.
- The only concrete barrier system with no pins, bolts or loose hardware that meets and exceeds the MASH Test Level 3 requirements
- Self-aligning – barriers automatically hook into place
- Identical ends allow you to turn the barrier end-for-end
- Fastest setting times and lowest installation costs
- Vertical lift simplifies installation and removal; one barrier can be removed without disturbing adjacent barriers
- Requires smaller installation crew
- No loose hardware eliminates replacement costs for rusted nuts and lost bolts
- The easy connection improves safety; no reaching between barrier segments during placement
- Tight radius ability
- Fastest install/remove design has theft-proof connection
- No loss of structural integrity or security breach due to lost or stolen hardware
- Theft-proof connection means no missing or stolen pins and no loose hardware
- Self-aligning connection means there is no need to “jostle” barrier when installing or removing pins that bind in other systems
- With J-J Hooks connection, a three-person crew can install more than one mile of barrier in eight hours.
Concrete Safety Barrier Rentals
While our barriers are top-of-the-line for purchase, in many cases renting is the best approach, whether for temporary traffic pattern changes during road construction, rerouting people and vehicles for major events like the Super Bowl, or crowd control for special events such as national political conventions. To meet this demand, we launched Concrete Safety Systems, which offers a one-call-does-it-all service that includes delivery, installation and pick-up. With a massive stock of reflective white barriers and an expert crew, we’re ready to start setting barrier almost immediately. We install highway safety barrier, security barrier, barrier with security fence, and J-J Hooks planters for all your temporary and permanent requirements.
For information on rental barrier visit our rental division, Concrete Safety Systems.
Other Smith-Midland Safety Barrier Products
Parkway Stone Wall Concrete Fences
They said that a precast concrete wall could never be made to look like real stone. Well, we proved them wrong! Our Parkway Stone Wall is so realistic, even an expert couldn’t tell the difference between Parkway and real stone. Can you?
Smith-Midland’s precast concrete Parkway Stone Wall is used for highway and roadside applications. Crash-tested to ensure safety, it is also used as a retaining wall and for purely aesthetic purposes such as terrace walls, park and estate entrances, property lines and more. Use it wherever you want a high-quality stone wall but do not want to pay the high cost of real stone.
Parkway Concrete Stone Barriers are available with a foundation and variable heights. Whatever the need, let us know and we’ll help you create the perfect realistic stone wall for your project.
Dundalk Marine Terminal, Baltimore, MD
“…great to work with! Have been dealing with them for over 10 years.”Bill Milani, General Manager
MDOT Maryland Port Administration
Baltimore Washington International Airport
“We highly recommend Smith-Midland!”Shannon Johnson
Mid-Atlantic General Contractors, Inc.
“Sales staff is excellent! Quality products! Always a pleasure working with you all.”Rick Klunk, Estimator
Sunrise Safety Services, Inc.
Road Construction Project, Rockville, MD
“Not the first time we have used your services. You are always very loyal, committed, and always provide quality service. Thanks for working with us to make my life easier.”Spunky Woolfolk, Yard Manager
James G. Davis Construction Corp.
Richmond International Raceway
“Great service! Thank you.”Joe Baker
“We’ve been extremely pleased with J-J Hooks … barriers are not a male-female system like some of the others … more versatility is built in which often allows less planning and less labor during traffic switches to ensure the barrier is configured correctly … some of the other positive connection barrier systems bind up during placement and removal often causing damage to the wall – the J-J Hooks system seldom does.”Ryan Gorman, P.E., Sr. Project Manager
Corman Construction, Inc.
Walthall Industrial Parkway
“We appreciated working with you!”Crieghton Williams, Project Manager
W & G Construction Co., LLC.
Holder Dulles Discovery Project
“Your on-site guys were great!”Tim Buttrum
Frederick Road Emergency Repair
“Excellent service, thanks for your help.”Baltimore County Office of Budget & Finance
“Very good service. Would recommend you to anybody. Great quality product. Thank you.”J. Russell Bolyard, GM
L.P. Mineral LLC
W.R. Grace Project, Columbia, MD
“Always a pleasure doing business with you!”Jimmy Dell
J.W. Dell Company
VDOT Arcola Area Headquarters
“Everything went well. Product was as described and met specifications. Delivery was coordinated and worked out great.”Christina Cortes
VDOT Leesburg Office