Smith-Columbia is a dynamic growing company recognized for its innovation and reliability in the marketplace. Continued growth and product expansions have created a demand for new positions in our company.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a generous 401k match, company contribution to your HSA, a company paid tuition reimbursement program, company paid Short Term Disability Insurance, company paid Life Insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Smith-Columbia is a drug free work place.
If hired, proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and completion of an I-9 Form shall be required. Smith-Columbia participates in E-Verify.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
General Manager – (Smith-Columbia), SC
Smith-Midland Corporation (SMC) owns a precast concrete manufacturing facility in Columbia, SC and has an immediate need for a General Manager with Precast or Prestress experience.
Plan, organize, and direct the operations of Smith Midland – South Carolina in accordance with the policies, goals and objectives established by the CEO. Assist in developing and implementing a long-term company vision.
Required: Minimum of 10 years of experience and a proven upper management track record with full P&L responsibilities. Comfortable with analyzing financial data and a comprehensive knowledge of the precast or construction industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct the day-to-day and long-range activities of all operating departments; Safety, Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, Eng., HR, Accounting.
• Formulate operating plans, obtain approval for budgets and ensures adherence to approved plans.
• Achieve sales growth objectives and revenue targets through effective marketing and sales programs. Responsible for profit and loss.
• Retain competitive market position within the precast concrete industry by meeting customer and quality expectations. Ensure compliance with precast industry, internal quality and performance standards. Monitor job progress for timely delivery and job site installation.
• Achieves competitive cost structure through effective job planning, performance standards, and controls. Provides leadership and direction towards continuous improvement and problem solving.
• Sets up and upgrades systems to provide relevant, meaningful, accurate and timely financial, cost and production data for the effective management of the company. Monitors and analyzes performance and cost data to ensure that targets are met and cost saving opportunities identified.
• Oversees the preservation of company assets through the implementation of proper maintenance plans, plant and equipment upgrades, environmental compliance and permitting. Formulates and implements company capital plan.
• Maintains active company participation in precast trade associations’ activities.
• Fosters a safe/respectful environment for our associates, customers and the general public.
• Focus on daily quality improvements in all areas of the business
• Direct hiring, training and long-term development of a highly competent work force.
• Develop and implement programs that will promote employee involvement, participation, team work and cooperation.
• Maintains effective communication with the CEO and keeps him advised of the status of the business and any circumstances requiring his attention.
As member of the Executive team, actively participates and assists the CEO and/or Board of directors in developing and implementing plans that will ensure the long-term growth and success of the company. These may include:
• Developing a long-term vision for the company.
• Establishing company policies, personnel programs and compensation plans.
• Developing and introducing new products.
Reports to the President and CEO with an operating budget of $5 - $10 million. Four major product lines. SMC is a publicly traded company.
Education: B.S. - Engineering or Business Administration (preferred)
Salary: $140,000-$160,000 /year (including performance incentives)