Rental Barrier Applications
Precast concrete barriers are often used to protect potential terrorist targets:
- Government buildings and installations
- Gate entrances and parking areas
- Mess halls, barracks, and munitions areas
- Utility plants and manufacturing facilities
- Office and commercial buildings
- City streets and piers
They are used to create a temporary physical security barrier by defining a ‘Setback Distance’, to fortify high risk sites, and to direct traffic flow. They serve as a deterrent to terrorists and can prevent vehicular intrusion. Concrete security barriers are the preferred choice for security applications for a number of reasons:
- Steel reinforced concrete barriers have a minimum of 4,000 psi strength at time of shipment.
- The average density of concrete barriers is about 3,500 to 3,700 pounds per cubic yard, which allows for unanchored portable barriers.
- Concrete barriers can be quickly repositioned to meet changing needs.
- Due to availability, maintenance, effectiveness, and speed of installation, concrete barriers are extremely cost effective.
J-J Hooks rental barriers have been used on numerous high-profile events:
- Several Fourth of July Celebrations in Washington D.C.
- Every Presidential Inauguration since 1993
- Multiple Republican and Democratic National Conventions
- NATO Summit
- Super Bowl
Rental barrier services make concrete crowd control and event barrier usage even easier, faster, and more cost effective than before. Due to the ease and speed of installation, concrete barriers can be installed overnight and removed the evening following the event. They are also excellent for crowd control.Request Free Quote